Mindful Minis is an emotional intelligence programme for children aged 2-5 years. Children have BIG emotions, and they are neither good nor bad. Emotions are often labelled by our culture as something to be suppressed or avoided, Mindful Mini’s invites children to express and learn about all emotions.
Children have not yet learnt how to regulate or at times, recognise their emotions, we can either try to shut down all of their feels or we can embrace them and teach them about their feelings.
Mindful Minis explores issues affecting children in a safe, non-judgmental, and supportive environment. Through creativity, play and of course learning, children are invited to explore their emotions and issues that they may be experiencing either at school/nursery or at home.
• Normalising feelings decreases anxiety.
• Knowing our emotions promotes emotional intelligence.
• Learning how to self-soothe reduces unhealthy behaviors.
• Working through powerful emotions frees up a child to be their best self.
• Cultivating good emotional health paves, a path for long-term health and well-being.
• Learning about emotions helps parents too.
• Successfully working through emotions is the cornerstone of good mental health.
• Emotional health is critical to physical health
How we experience emotions is universal and innate to who we are. Parents often assume that a child’s self-awareness around how they feel comes naturally. The truth is, learning how to identify and cope with emotions needs to be supported and encouraged, just like any other skill vital to healthy social and emotional development.
• The early years provide the best opportunities to educate how to manage strong feelings. Teaching emotional intelligence skills will help children build good relationships with adults and other children.
• The feedback we have had from nurseries and parents has been overwhelmingly positive.
• We will work with you as an extension of your existing team to ensure we provide the best opportunities for the children.